Friday, March 4, 2011

Good Day Today

Today was much better. It was probably 20-30 degrees warmer than yesterday. Yay! We got our exam room back in the clinic and practiced settling on the mat (FKA the MAT!) He did great. He was getting c/t for just touching the mat and soon he was lying on the mat for c/t. At one point he even put his head down and looked like he was going to go to sleep. I would say that was a sign of settling!.
We kind of got stuck in the exam room because there was a woman and her two adorable children looking at a puppy. I didn't want to walk Luke through all that stimulation. I prefer to set up situations so that Luke can be successful. So we waited. While we waited we did some hand targeting (I present my palm, Luke touches with his nose, c/t) and we also worked on "leave it" (I put a treat in my hand, Luke proceeds to mouth, paw at, lick, chew my treat hand. When he stops c/t and he gets treat). My little protege did really well. He is becoming quite the learner!
Tomorrow we are going to see how he socializes with another dog. Should it go well I will post a video of his "play date".

No comments:

Post a Comment