Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thrown from a horse

I am very sorry I have not posted sooner, but I was thrown from a horse (not literally) and am just getting the courage to climb back on.
Luke was returned to the shelter after about 10 days in his new home. Needless to say I was very disappointed, but not entirely surprised. It was not any one thing that Luke did, he was just too much for the novice dog owners who adopted him. They were very sweet and well meaning, but Luke was just more than they could handle. I have to say here that in Luke's defense, they lived in an apartment. Sometimes when you adopt a dog out and they are returned you learn something about the dog that can help make for a better placement in the future. In Luke's case I can say unequivocally that he needs a fenced in yard and another dog to play with! He is so smart and has such a huge spirit! I will continue to work with him and find him the home he deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment