Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Counting on me

I almost didn't go today. I was feeling pretty crappy. Lots of stress in my personal life and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. I didn't go yesterday because I had to go visit a college with my son (part of the stress in my life). I felt really guilty about not going but I knew the boys were counting on me.

I am such a Pollyanna. When I took this project on I honestly believed that things would turn around for these dogs and they would somehow magically get adopted. Well it has been over a month and I have to admit, the daily trips to the shelter are becoming increasingly difficult to manage. I have a part time job and manage a busy household so there is not much left of me to go around. But it's too late now. I have a relationship with both these dogs. I know them and they know me. There is no turning back. They count on me to come every day. I am their person. Huge responsibility and not something you can easily walk away from.

Romin and Luke are both coming along so well. They try so hard to please but they are battling the stress of life in the shelter and that is very difficult to overcome. They do the best they can under the circumstances, but they both need out. It is the only way they will learn to relax, trust and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment