Wednesday, March 2, 2011

More of the "F" word today

Focus people, focus! That is the "F" word to which I am referring. Lukie did great today. I started out by taking him right to the ex pen to "relieve" himself. How many of you can really concentrate when you have to go????
We did some loose leash walking and we ventured out onto the main road. He did much better with checking in with me and turning around when he started pulling. Luke seemed a bit overwhelmed by all the activity going on in the outside world so we made the walk brief.
The MAT! Why do I phrase it that way? Have you seen the animated motion picture "Toy Story"? Do you remember the cute little alien things that came from the vending machine? Whenever they saw the claw they would express it with such awe "the claawww". That is the reverence I am looking for whenever Luke sees the MAT. Today he did infinitely better. He was focused ("f" word) on me, very engaged and was going to the mat for his c/t. We did some more massage and treating while on the mat. He did a very cute roll on his side and a wave with his paw while eating his treats. Tomorrow I will try to post a video to show his cuteness!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, this is fabulous!! I love it... what a great idea. You are such an inspiration to all of us who love animals - most of all, shelter animals!

    ReplyDelete